Source: http://www.tablespoon.com/ – Recipe by cheekykitchen src=”http://s3.amazonaws.com/gmi-digital-library/7a5ad374-9eb3-452f-8948-b431bcff05f6.jpg” alt=”Easter Egg Lasagna”/>
Got leftover hard-boiled Easter eggs? Here’s the perfect use for them — in this yummy lasagna recipe. Oh yah — we’re serious!
Are you ready? Are you ready to make a lasagna so cleverly quick and delish, you may just pat yourself on the back for the rest of the night? Better yet, what if we told you that this super fab dish won’t just make you proud, it will also rid you of all those pesky Easter egg leftovers?
Oh yes. We’ve got a winner with this Easter Egg Lasagna.
And the winner is YOU. Because this recipe isn’t just quick. It isn’t just clever. It doesn’t just swap out traditional noodles and ricotta and all those other tedious ingredients for super snappy cheese ravioli. No. this recipe is sooo much more. It’s inspired by the “real” Italian way of making lasagna…which includes slices of hard boiled eggs. Sound strange? You gotta try it to believe how good and creamy that extra layer can be!
Here’s how to make this Easter Egg lasagna in your own kitchen…
Nab some pre-made cheese ravioli from the frozen food section of your local grocer. Toss those puppies right into the bottom of a baking dish, making your first layer of “noodles” and “cheese.” I mean, for reals. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Need to cook up a whole lot of hard-boiled eggs? This so-simple, true Italian-inspired take on lasagna will help you use up your post-Easter stash in a snap!
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 In a 9×9 baking dish, layer half of the ravioli onto the bottom of the dish.
- 3 Spread half of the Muir Glen spaghetti sauce over the ravioli layer.
- 4 Place a layer of hard-boiled egg slices on top of the spaghetti sauce.
- 5 Sprinkle cheese over the hard boiled eggs.
- 6 Add another layer of ravioli, sauce, and cheese.
- 7 Bake lasagna in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Remove lasagna from the oven and allow to cool and set for 15-20 minutes before serving.